June 23, 2005

Odd Dream

So I had this dream the other night. In it I saved this old guy from being crushed to death by falling debris coming down from a crumbling building. After this I was by myself and started singing. It was a good song, too, and something I totaly could use in my musical.

As soon as I thought this I woke up and went to my keyboard to play the song for my fiance, my brother, and a couple other people who were in my room. Unfortunately the keyboard started messing up. It was making the sounds as if it were on the violin setting, up as many octaves as possible, and bending the pitch even higher.

After fidgeting with the plug and outlet for a bit the keyboard started working again and I played the song. My brother said it was crap.

I woke up thinking, damn that was odd and I hate waking from one dream into another. Then I remembered that there was a song, but by that time I lost it. I hate it when that happens.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm (easily) confused. Are you saying you had a dream within a dream?

On a side note - I've never ever sang in one of my dreams. Do you do that often?

June 24, 2005 9:27 AM  
Blogger Jarrod said...

Yes. To both questions. It was a dream within a dream. And I often burst into song in my dreams, only to wake frustrated that I can't remember what I was singing.

June 24, 2005 9:51 AM  
Blogger Tommaso Sciortino said...

I find that most songs made up in my dreams turn out to be, upon closer inspection, heavily based on a popular song or jingle. Also, the lyrics are never very good.

June 24, 2005 10:32 AM  
Blogger Jarrod said...

Yeah. The lyrics sucked, but the tune was cool...I think...at least when I woke up I had thought so.

June 24, 2005 10:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry I said the song was crap. I am sure that it was very good, but probably better when it was a few octaves too high and in the dream within the dream.

On a side note- HI TOM!

June 24, 2005 11:22 AM  
Blogger Jarrod said...

Well, I suppose I can forgive you. This time.

June 24, 2005 3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home