October 27, 2005

Yet another audition

Well I didn't suck. That is to say I didn't go in sing three bars, forget my words, start again, sing ten bars, forget my words, say "Thank you," and leave.

Nope. That was the Hairspray audition. (Yeah. Messed that one up.) This time, however, I did rather well. The audition was for "The Phantom of the Opera." I sang 'Love Can't Happen' from "Grand Hotel." At least the last bit. The entire song is about five minutes long (okay I exagerate, but it is still too long for an audition). But the end has this great note at the end, a high A (one line above the staff) and I didn't completely suck when I belted it out.

Now don't get me wrong. I don't expect anything to come of this audition, as it seems the recent auditions in Vegas are more to placate Vegas actors than to seriously consider them. But it was a chance to practice my audition.

But dang it would be great to get into the show.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The ONLY thing that matters is that you tried. That you did your best is a measure most don't reach.

October 28, 2005 10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home