April 24, 2005

Prologue: The Wacky Adventures of...

Jarrod in LAS VEGAS!!!

(A repost of a mass e-mail sent April 8, 2005)

Hello everybody!

Well this is my first mass e-mail on my wild and wacky "Adventures in Las Vegas." Yep, that's right, I'm done with school (got a peice of paper with my name on it, says I have a B.A. in Musical Theatre) and I'm moving to Las Vegas!

"But Jarrod, do you have a job?"

Well, yes. My Aunt is setting me up with a job. I'm going to be makeing balloon animals....yes...balloon animals. However this is temporary, until I can find something in theatre. I have also been offered a job as Script Supervisor for what will be my second independent film. (For those of you who don't know about the first one check out
www.findingloveforannie.com.) This one is a short and the shoot is only 3 or 4 days at the end of April, but that's 3 or 4 days of working on a film. Gotta love experience. There is also a small possibility that I may work on a film shooting in Las Vegas called "Lucky You." However my hopes aren't too high on that one.

"Who are you living with?"

Me, myself, and I. My parents were very kind and helped me get a one bedroom apartment. I'll be there for 4 or 5 months, then I'll be moving into a condo that my parents bought (seperate from the one they already own) and paying them rent, at a discounted rate.

"Can I visit?"

If you plan on coming to Vegas let me know. I have a couch that hasn't been used on a front porch!

(Skip the next section if you don't like lovey-dovey stuff)

"What about Nicole?"

Leaving Nicole has been the most difficult part of the whole moving proccess. Nicole and I are still very much in love, still want to get married, and we're going to work as hard as possible to get through the next year or so. It was a tough decision to make, this moving thing, and Nicole supports me 90%. The other 10% (though probably more) wants me to stay. But we both know that I can't get anything going if I stay in Chico. I love her, and apreciate how much support she's given me, not just in the last few weeks, but over the past couple of years. We are going to spend our lives together, and we'll get through this.

Well, time to take my computer apart. I'm going to try really hard to e-mail evryone and keep y'all up to date. If you want to pass this on to someone who you think might want to hear about what's going on with me, please do. If you don't want to get e-mails from me again, let me know. I won't take it personally.

Las Vegas, here I come!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home